Created to meet the information needs of radio and television broadcast professionals, the Online Public Inspection File (OPIF) course defines the OPIF and what it must contain for stations to be in full compliance with all Federal Communications Commission filing rules and policies.
The course includes one lesson and a demonstration of how to set up and access your OPIF file. It will take no more than 60 minutes to complete and by the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
● Explain the basic details of the OPIF system
● Distinguish and list documents that stations must upload to the OPIF system, and documents that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will upload.
● List documents that the Federal Communications Commission (or FCC) and stations need to upload to the OPIF system
● Recall the additional filings required for television stations and noncommercial stations
● Identify the rules and recommendations to consider with respect to political public files
● Understand how to access the OPIF database and set up a file
Course participants are reminded that this learning exercise serves only as a guide and is not a substitute for legal advice. Licensees should consult their station’s counsel if the need for specific legal advice arises.
For bulk/station purchasing options please contact NAB's Josh Miely via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.